City of Hereford Archaeological Unit:13-16 Lower Rushall St, Walsall Interim Report and Plans
- Ref No: 1364
- Repository: Walsall Local History Centre
- Date: 1992-1994
- Creator: City of Hereford Archaeological Unit
- Description: This collection contains two series; the first being the written report, the second is the plans.
- Admin History: In 1992 the City of Hereford Archaeology Unit produced an interim report for the Simms Davies Partnership, Netherton, on 13-16 Lower Rushall St, Walsall. The work on site must have lasted on and off for two years, as in 1994 an evaluation trench was dug 'somewhere' in the Lower Rushall St area.
Their brief was to undertake an architectural assessment of part of the Eylands Buckle Factory. The ground floor was accessible, but there was no access to the upper floors. Their conclusions were that the properties were poorly built mid-19th century working class houses that had been gutted for light industrial use.
- Extent: 9 items
- Level: Fonds
- For more information contact: Walsall Archives / Local History Centre